Being a dad is always great, but gameday is something special. The eldest gets a spot at Linebacker today, moving from safety. He is exited about that. He is quiet today, focused, ready to go to war. He has helped his little brother get his equipment ready, and they are making me play "Ridin' Dirty (the eldest's teams unofficial fav song). The youngest has his daddy help him get his shoulder pads buckled, and he pulls that red and white (the colors that I love so dear) jersey over them. I forget about the world for a little while-stress over work, paying the bills, deadlines, commitments...it all. My world today is 3 o'clock and hours of watching first my youngest then my eldest go at it with Clintwood. How lucky I am that God gave me these 2 gifts. My better half is going to sneak a peek at them today during her lunch break, which makes me happier. Life is tough, but it is good.





Bookmarks